Investment Manager - Private EquityRef:FM27909
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK, London
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services, Investment Banking
- Date: 15 March 2012
- Job type: Permanent
Our client is looking for an Investment Manager to join their alternative investment team with an outlook on increased Private Equity co-investments.
The client is looking to recruit an Investment Manager as part of the Private Markets team to focus on managing and expanding the co-investment portfolio.
The fund is is a well recognised investment manager who already has significant capital under management and this is due to increase over the coming years.
The aim is to increase the co-investment asset allocation and work on 5 – 10 processes a year. The fund requires someone who will be able to look at a variety of deals at a Macro level and has been a co-investor before, as well as secondary investor (ideally) from PE or Principal backgrounds.
• To conduct due diligence on private equity co-investments globally, alongside leading private equity sponsors.
• Responsible for deal sourcing of transactions from GPs and other intermediaries.
• Manage the transaction process with key service providers to include legal, commercial & financial due diligence and tax advisers.
• Manage relationships with private equity firms, infrastructure managers, investment banks and other service providers
• Key input into the portfolio construction and portfolio strategy decisions
• Assist in due diligence of private equity and infrastructure funds when required
• Good experience and extensive knowledge of private equity, with experience in conducting and analysis of co-investments.
• Experience of managing an M&A process.
• Experience of participating in the governance of portfolio companies.
• Excellent financial modelling skills, strong understanding of company valuation techniques and portfolio construction.
• Additional language skills preferred.
• Accounting qualifications would be regarded favorably
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pension fund that has an excellent outlook and will provide good long term incentives for a career. The Investment Manager will be responsible for an investment in front of the investment committee and will lead a deal team.