Policy Planning Team LeaderRef:OJ1031200
- Salary: TBC
- Location: UK, East Anglia
- Sector: Real Estate, Town Planning
- Date: 21 February 2012
- Job type: Permanent
Cobalt Recruitment are working with one of the UKs leading multi-disciplinary practices with their search to appoint an experienced Policy Planning Team Leader to be based in the Norfolk area.
This is a permanent role and will offer someone the opportunity to earn a generous and competitive salary (which is negotiable) + benefits package including pension, share scheme, private healthcare etc.
The key objectives of the post is to grow the clients planning policy team consultancy business, including being the lead professional on the planning policy service they provide to various Councils. As part of this, you will have the responsibility for agreeing and delivering an annual programme of planning policy work for the Council.
You will also play a key role in ensuring they deliver a service to their local authority clients that develops the opportunities and challenges offered by the recent enactment of the Localism Bill, and the draft NPPF.
• To manage a team of planning professionals delivering consultancy commissions and the annual work programme of planning policy work for the client; which includes delivering the planning policy framework for significant growth comprising a high number of new homes and associated jobs.
• To lead on business development for planning policy commissions, including identifying new opportunities in the private and public sectors, and preparing bids for those opportunities; as part of the company appraisal process you will be set targets for generating consultancy work.
• To provide support and advice to the development management team, on strategically important planning applications, enforcement and appeals.
• Your work for our client will include providing timely, comprehensive and accurate reports and recommendations on planning policy issues; attending and presenting Committees, providing professional advice on planning matters to clients, the public, Members of the Council, and others as necessary; attending and presenting at various public meetings; including to Town and Parish Councils in the District.