Relationship Director, Corporate Banking - Thames Valley & South EastRef:CMUR
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Location: UK, South East
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services, Corporate & Structured Finance/Restructuring
- Date: 16 April 2012
- Job type: Permanent
RELATIONSHIP DIRECTOR – CORPORATE BANKING, MID MARKETS
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic corporate banker to join the highly successful Thames Valley, Area South Relationship team. The successful candidate will be based in the Reading office.
Overall, the looks after the £15m – £750m market segment. There is no sector focus within the team but this specific role will focus on the £15-100m space.
Reporting to the Area Director, the role has the following key responsibilities:
• Manage an existing portfolio of c30 clients drawn from the £15m to £100m segment of mid markets. Job holder will act as the primary contact point for these relationships and will drive the account level strategy
• Develop strategies to achieve annual objectives for defined areas to include: assets, deposits, interest and other operating income, including cross sales from the group’s product partners
• Develop new business both from the portfolio and from non the non banked mid market
• Work closely with product partners to ensure a balance of income from on and off balance sheet sources
• Contribute to the team’s market share growth through cross selling, ensuring that any new business meets the group’s quality requirements
• Develop and maintain a list of non banked prospects through own efforts and working with the team’s Business Development Director. Pursue these through an agreed strategy engaging other areas of the group as appropriate
• Develop and maintain relationships with key professionals in the local market.
• Day to day responsibility for managing credit risk across the portfolio as well as operational risk areas
• Preparation of credit papers for sanctioning by regional credit team