Senior M&E Planner - LondonRef:YB103400600
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: UK, London
- Sector: Real Estate, Town Planning
- Date: 22 February 2012
- Job type: Permanent
Senior M&E Planner – London
Cobalt Recruitment are working with a leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractor firm who due to continued success are looking to recruit a Senior Project Planner into the London team.
As a Senior Planner your role will be to:
- Arrange and facilitate internal integrated planning meetings with relevant project personnel to agree the team input into the project plan.
- In conjunction with the Planning Manager, work closely with the client in order to agree a ‘Contract Baseline’ programme for each allocated project that aligns with the agreed contract and associated price.
- Represent appropriately within the project plans the clients project lifecycles and any other design related constraints relative to the project.
- Implement the standards for appropriate client Programme Control Management Standards.
- Ensure alignment of Tender costs/resources and the developed programme and use this information to Resource and Cost load each Project Plan for Resource/Cost management reports such as Histograms and Cash Flow forecasts etc.
- Work interactively with the project QS for inclusion of variations into the project plan with adjusted cost/resource in order to identify and communicate effects of change in a timely manner to the project team.
- Produce the agreed reports in line with both client/internal requirements such as Dashboard, Earned Value, Productivity, Histograms, Baseline Variance and 3 week look ahead reports.
- In conjunction with the Planning Manager, perform Time-Risk analysis against the programme at regular intervals within the project lifecycle, in line with the Project Risk register.
As a Senior Planner you will report directly to the Planning Manager and will be involved from cradle to grave (tender through to delivery to end client), so candidates with experience of all phases of a programme will be preferred.
We anticipate that prospective candidates will hold a relevant Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical) related degree and have considerable working experience gained with an M&E contractor or project before
Planning software used is Primavera P6 so experience of this is essential for the role.
On offer and return for your time and experience is a generous and competitive salary in the region of c£40,000 – c£50,000 plus benefits.
Interviews are currently taking place with a view to bringing someone onboard immediately.