Financial Accountant - Boutique Investment Manager
- GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 19th September 2016
- Job Type
A global investment manager specialising in alternative investments, with over $90 billion in assets under management is seeking an ambitious newly qualified ACA to join their London financial reporting team.
The firm emphasises an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in distressed debt, corporate debt, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm has over 900 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
Based in state of the art Mayfair offices, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records of subsidiaries within the European corporate accounting function.
- Performing monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of books, ensuring compliance with GAAP, IFRS and other applicable regulations;
- Working with external accountants and professional firms for the timely monthly/quarterly closing of books;
- Performing general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis, including inter-company transactions with international offices;
- Accurate and timely reporting of financial information;
- Assisting with the annual financial audits with external auditors and the preparation of financial footnotes and related disclosures;
- Coordinating and assisting with processing and payment of regional invoices;
- Preparing quarterly consolidation package for the corporate headquarters
- Assisting with the accurate preparation of regulatory, compliance and tax schedules;
- Preparing monthly cash outflow projection schedule;
- Monitoring compliance with local regulatory requirements;
- Participating in and preparing ad hoc projects and analysis to support senior and executive management teams as assigned;
- Assisting with implementing and maintaining worldwide corporate accounting systems, internal control policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience required
- ACA qualified with a relevant Bachelors degree from a Russell Group university
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience as an accountant preferably within a financial services firm and or public accounting firm;
- Knowledgeable in financial reporting and general ledger accounting, as well as forecasting/budgeting;
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English;
- Extensive knowledge of GAPP/IFRS and accounting control policies;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook, experience in Microsoft Navision is a plus.