Financial Accountant - Property Leasing
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + excellent benefits and bonus
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 3rd June 2017
- Job Type
A listed retail and leisure business require a Financial Accountant with previous experience within Property. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure the accurate and timely completion of financial and property accounting across the Group's estate working closely with internal property team and external property partners.
With more than 93 operational sites across the UK, the business plans to open between 15 and 20 new sites per year in the medium term and in 2016 achieved revenue growth over 25%.
- Processing and review of month end processes to complete the financial close.
- Ensuring accounting for all lease, service charge, rates and insurance charges in adherence to IFRS.
- Work with Estates Manager, property agents and rates management companies to ensure the business is informed of any changes to sites.
- Work with property team to understand any updates on new sites that will impact accounting (Contracts exchanged, leases signed, practical completion).
- Maintain and update property worksheets ensuring up to date information on all locations.
- Calculate any savings on rates and service charges in accordance with our external partners and landlords/local authorities.
- Review leases of new properties to understand what is included, what should be accounted for (Rent free periods, lease incentives) and the timing involved.
- Balance sheet reconciliations at month end to provide an understanding of the costs each month and YTD position.
- Qualified or finalist (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong academic track record.
- Strong technical knowledge of property accounting according to IFRS.
- A good understanding of lease, service charge and rates processes.
- Experience of working in a property accountant role or similar.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Sage (preferred).