- GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum + bonus and benefits
- UK, South East
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 3rd June 2017
- Job Type
A major infrastructure and property business are looking for a Financial Accountant with a proven technical background to be responsible for the financial accounting within the Group and its subsidiaries. The Group spends on average £10m per annum on new capital items and as such the role will have a specific emphasis on all areas related to fixed assets.
This will necessarily include the reporting on all capital projects within the core business, monitoring of costs and maximisation of tax allowances. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work with the project delivery and asset teams to ensure all projects are correctly accounted for.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the capital costs incurred by the business and its subsidiaries.
- Produce weekly cash flows for all project related spend.
- Carry out analysis for identified projects to determine project viability and to share knowledge across teams to improve business performance, assessing opportunities and risks from those projects.
- Validate projects by using investment appraisal techniques and prioritising projects by potential added value.
- Responsibility for tax planning opportunities and work with the Finance team to mitigate tax exposure as appropriate.
- Ensuring the business is compliant with all current accounting standards and reporting as defined by FRS102.
- Consolidated statutory accounts, individual company accounts and the corporation tax computations for each entity.
- Quarterly consolidated accounts and quarterly accounts for the pension scheme.
- Ensure all relevant financial policies and procedures are adhered to and make recommendations to improve the current systems whilst enhancing the control environment.
- Prepare the annual cost budget and three year corporate plan for all asset related items.
- To process all journals relating to fixed assets including asseting, disposals and depreciation.
- Prepare schedules where required for the annual external audit.
- Managing the workload of direct reports and completing performance appraisals.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Higher education to degree level or equivalent.
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Qualified within accountancy practice or large company with audit and tax experience.
- Capital and tax background within a construction company.
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting issues and regulation.
- Advanced Excel.
- Ability to produce and interpret investment appraisals.