Fund Accountant (Contract) - Investment Management
- GBP350 - GBP400 per day
- UK, London
- Accounting, Fund Accounting
- 19th September 2016
- Job Type
A global investment manager specialising in alternative investments, with over $90 billion in assets under management require an experienced Fund Accounting contractor to join their London fund reporting team on a six month contract.
The firm emphasises an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in distressed debt, corporate debt, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm has over 900 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for private investment partnerships, SICAVs, CLOs, and separately managed accounts. Investment portfolios are predominantly comprised of bank debt, floating rate and fixed income debt securities.
- Performing the monthly NAV closing process for investment portfolios; including pricing, calculation of management fee and operating expense accruals, reconciliation and review of portfolio holdings and transaction activity to custodial and counterparty records, accounting for complex corporate actions;
- Performing daily cash reconciliations and resolving discrepancies as required;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP & IFRS;
- Coordination and support of the annual statutory audits with the independent auditors;
- Preparing schedules for regulatory filings (Form PF; Annex IV);
- Calculation and analysis of performance metrics for funds/accounts;
- Calculation and preparation of draw-downs and distributions;
- Preparing a variety of ad-hoc requests from clients as well as the portfolio group;
- Working with the systems development team to enhance functional capabilities and improved internal reporting.
Qualifications & Experience needed:
- Minimum 3-4 years combined experience working for an investment management firm within an accounting/operations department along with experience within the investment management practice of a public accounting firm;
- Direct experience performing complex reconciliations with a strong knowledge in the fundamentals of investment management accounting (debits & credits) and superior problem solving skills;
- Investment accounting experience with traditional fixed income securities, CLO's, bank debt and revolvers, equities, and derivative transactions.