Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
- GBP27000 - GBP30000 per annum + 25 days holiday + Pension
- UK, London
- Accounting, Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger
- 9th May 2017
- Job Type
Senior Purchase Ledger
Our client, a medium sized surveying practice, is looking to recruit a senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their growing commercial property management accounts team. Working in the heart of Central London, our client manage both commercial and residential portfolios consisting of over 400 properties most of which lie within Covent Garden, Soho and Marylebone.
Their services include lettings, sales, investment, property management, and valuations. The successful candidate will be someone with strong purchase ledger experience who will oversee the activities of the Admin Assistant ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Accurately setting up supplier record and updating as needed.
- All authorised invoices are accurately and promptly updated and filed on a daily basis
- That invoices are correctly addressed and checked that correct cost centre codes are used.
- Tenant re-charges are raised as per accurate breakdown, and invoices are issued & sent along with relevant documentation e.g. insurance cover note
- Accounts balances are checked against the bank balances before payment run
- Assist the Managers and team members with ongoing projects
- To ensure that the Admin assistant will be completing the following task accurately and timely:
- Invoices received will be logged accurately and promptly on a daily basis
- Weekly supplier payment runs are compiled and submitted to the Bank for authorisation within agreed dates or deadlines.
- Suppliers invoices are scanned and saved in URN filling system following a payment run.
- Rates and rent invoices are processed and promptly paid.
- Non-Qualifying Payments are reported weekly to PMs and reduced by giving dates to the relevant teams.
- Performing contractor reconciliations when required by liaising with suppliers to investigate discrepancies and disputes.
- Reconciliation of AP Creditors Ledger, ensuring all credit notes are dealt with on a monthly basis by offsetting the credit or requesting monies returned or offset where appropriate.
- That all paperwork /communication is saved as per agreed electronic standards
- Experience using a property management systems such as Tramps, ECS, Yardi, MRI, MUS etc is desirable
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to deal with a large amount of financial information
- Knowledge of RICS guidelines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- A strong work ethic
Please apply online if you are interested in this opportunity with you CV in Word format quoting job ref. 1274180