Senior Service Charge Accountant
- GBP38000 - GBP40000 per annum
- UK, London
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 17th October 2016
- Job Type
Residential Service Charge Accountant
Our client is a small residential properties company/chartered surveyors practice based in central London. This company has a small office where all staff support and help each other when possible. Our client specialise in properties that are a leaseholder block management including prestige areas within London.
- Draft around 35-40 service charge year end accounts.
- Draft around 10 small company accounts a year in house, onto the extended trial balance stage.
- Send documents and liaising with auditors.
- Ensure all service charge accounts are appropriately signed off by either the client or the property manager.
- Close all accounts and ensure that the prepayments and accruals are properly put onto the system.
- Raise quarterly management fees from the portfolios.
- Draft portfolio budgets, liaise with property managers and load the year end budgets onto the systems.
- Run quarterly and the six monthly service charge/ground rent demands.
- Adhoc for all client meetings
- Communicate with other teams, such as the cashiers, purchase ledgers and the credit control team.
- Experience in preparing residential service charge accounts to extended trial balance stage.
- Excellent knowledge of Qube/ECS.
- Knowledge of block management industry.
- Strong IT and Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work to deadlines in an organised manner.
- Maintain a flexible attitude, adhering to tasks within a team and accepting adhoc work requests.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online with your CV.