Business Continuity Manager
- GBP23000 - GBP27000 per annum
- UK, London
- Cobalt Recruitment, Support
- 5th September 2016
- Job Type
Cobalt Recruitment is the market leader in recruitment of the property and real estate industry. We are looking for Business Continuity Manager (BCM) to take responsibility to ensure that business operations are fully functional throughout the working week in multiple time zones, covering the 3 UK offices, homeworkers and global operations in New Zealand, Singapore, Middle East and Germany. Assessing and reviewing future potential risks and opportunities and preparing for that.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a local operational team.
- Building and Maintenance : assessing suitability of office accommodation, hard and soft services provision, setting and monitoring SLAs for relevant services
- Reviewing policies and procedures for facilities including Health & safety, cleaning, maintenance to ensure business operations are not interrupted.
- Reviewing HR functions and procedures including annual leave and sick leave monitoring, devising procedures for new starters and leavers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT systems are effective and fit for purpose. Devising and implementing a Disaster Recovery Plan for various contingencies that could or have affected business continuity previously. Testing these scenarios and communicating action plans to all involved on a global basis.
- Review of Third Party IT providers, CRMs, Accounting and any other system software or hardware.
- Setting and reviewing SLAs with external IT providers, assessing appropriate policies, updating or implementing new procedures to ensure business continuity.
- Assessing impact of new business operations, such as increased or decreased headcount, new office locations or consolidations. Presenting findings to the Directors and making recommendations.
- Review of third party telecommunications providers, options and efficiencies. Ensuring the best available communications for business continuity and day to day operations.
- Negotiating with contractors and suppliers by adopting a best value methodology, considering our global business requirements.
- Reviewing our supply chain to ensure diversity of supplier, conducting risk assessments to assess suitability and reliability.
- Identification of additional or new threats to the business either locally, nationally or on a global basis, including reviewing political impacts such as Brexit, policy or security changes.
- Liaison with global Managing Directors and Group Managing Directors as appropriate.
You will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Business Continuity role
- Experience of having worked in at least two of the locations where we are based (UK, MENA,NZ, Germany, Singapore).
- First class communication skills, research and presentation skills.
- Previous experience using Profile database system, or similar CRM
- Experience with a recruitment company highly desirable.
We are looking for someone who wants to work in a small but growing corporate business, who has a proactive can-do attitude and who will always be one step ahead when it comes to the business needs, risks and opportunities.
The closing date for this role is 3rd October 2016. Please apply online with your current CV if you're interested in this role.