Civil Engineer-Land Development
- NZD $70,000 - 110,000 per annum
- New Zealand
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 14th August 2015
- Job Type
A very successful, New Zealand owned, multi-disciplinary consultancy currently requires an experienced Civil Engineer to join its Auckland office. You'll be applying your skills to the delivery of large scale land development projects including residential subdivisions, major earthworks, commercial site development, retirement villages and roading.
They're very much an employee centric business and have introduced a number of initiatives over the past few years which have strengthened that commitment. Strong focus is put on professional development which they are managing to achieve via direct mentoring, clear pathways to leading industry body qualification and investment in to a dynamic, design led, office space which has provided a major boost to productivity, idea generation and employee satisfaction. There are many other exciting initiatives but we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise so won't mention them here.
- Provide Civil Engineering consultancy services to clients across a range of land development focused projects.
- Run projects yourself including being the point of contact for clients including attending clients meetings (sometimes alone).
- Lead, mentor and develop younger engineers.
You will need:
- Civil Engineering degree from a recognized university
- To be (or close to becoming) a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng).
- At least 5 years experience in a consultancy environment providing design solutions to land development projects.
- Competent with Civil 3D or equivalent design software.
- Ideally you'll have New Zealand experience and will be fully conversant with NZ codes and design standards.
- To be a strong communicator, be it with colleagues, clients or contractors.
- To be an ambitious self-starter with a passion for civil engineering.
This is an excellent role with a very switched on and highly regarded employer of choice. It is a role for an Engineer ready to progress their project management and leadership experience.
If your experience and ambition aligns with the criteria for this role and the values of this company we'd be very interested to hear from you.
Please apply in confidence with your CV attached to enable further discussion.