Design Manager (Manchester)
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + Benefits Package
- UK, North West
- Construction & Engineering, Architecture & Design
- 17th October 2016
- Job Type
DESIGN MANAGER | MANCHESTER | TIER ONE BUILD CONTRACTOR | c£50,000 - £60,000 + BENEFITS PACKAGE
Our client an established building contractor with a strong order book is looking to recruit a design manager.
The role is open due to an increase in work load across the North West.
Previous experience in the construction industry is essential.
Key tasks of the role include:
- Helping to manage the interface with the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Developing detailed deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinating these with their procurement and construction programmes.
- Helping to ensure designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Managing the design submitted requirements to the client representatives, design team and third parties such as building control.
You should possess:
- An understanding of the construction process through design to on site construction and handover.
- A well organised working style, an interest in design and an aptitude for managing the design process.
- A proactive approach, be an enthusiastic coordinator and motivator.
- Good communication skills, on both a personal level and formal reporting level.
- Educated within construction or design.
My client is offering a competitive salary up to c£60,000, benefits package and a great chance for career progression, personal development.
If you are interested in this design opportunity please forward an updated CV along with a covering letter. All applications are dealt with the strictest confidentiality.