- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum + Benefits Package
- UK, South East
- Construction & Engineering, Architecture & Design
- 3rd October 2016
- Job Type
DESIGN MANAGER | HAMPSHIRE | MAIN CONTRACTOR
My Client is looking to recruit a Design Manager to support the team in Hampshire.
To co-ordinate and integrate the activities of Design Consultants.
Assist on pre-construction activities and tender opportunities.
Working on new build projects in the Education, Health, Retail and Commercial sectors with values up to c£50m.
- Manage the design process.
- Attend prequalification interviews and presentations.
- Lead design meetings.
- Manage our design process via external consultants.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Review Sub contractor design proposals.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed
- Introduce relevant 'Value Engineering' to provide a commercial advantage
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required
- Hold relevant qualification within design or construction.
- Be commercially aware.
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
- The chance to progress with and within the company.
- Salary ranging from £45,000 to £55,000 (dependent on previous experience).
- An industry leading benefits package which includes a car allowance, pension and healthcare.
If you are currently looking for a new position within Design please submit your CV to this job role. All applications are dealt with the strictest of confidentiality.