- GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum + Benefits Package
- UK, Midlands
- Construction & Engineering, Architecture & Design
- 22nd August 2016
- Job Type
DESIGN MANAGER | MIDLANDS | MAIN CONTRACTOR
Our client who is an industry recognised building contractor is looking to hire an experienced design manager.
The role is open due to an increase in work load in the Midlands.
Previous experience in the construction industry is essential.
The company have a strong order book and are currently expanding.
The company are looking for the Design Manager to work on student accommodation projects so previous student accommodation experience is essential.
Key tasks of the role include:
- Helping to manage the interface with the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Developing detailed deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinating these with their procurement and construction programmes.
- Helping to ensure designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Managing the design submitted requirements to the client representatives, design team and third parties such as building control.
You should possess:
- An understanding of the construction process through design to on site construction and handover.
- A well organised working style, an interest in design and an aptitude for managing the design process.
- A proactive approach, be an enthusiastic coordinator and motivator.
- Good communication skills, on both a personal level and formal reporting level.
- Educated within construction or design.
My client is offering a competitive salary ranging from £50,000 to £55,000 and a great chance for career progression, personal development.
For further information on this role please submit your CV to this advert along with a short cover letter.