MRICS Building Surveyor
- GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum
- UK, North East & Yorkshire
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 13th October 2016
- Job Type
My client is a Private Property Company with significant assets located across the UK. The building surveying team supports Assets & Investments, delivering professional building surveying services across the portfolio. The appointed candidate will take a regional position with a particular focus on properties based across the northern half of England. Working closely with this team, you will manage a range of refurbishment projects whilst also overseeing externals consultancies who also assist in supporting the business. Key duties will include:
- Inspecting properties and preparing necessary reports covering all aspects of professional work including schedule of dilapidation's, defect reports, condition surveys, schedules of works/specifications, feasibility reports, pre-tender budget cost schedules and planned preventative maintenance schedules etc.
- Manage all instructions covering design, contract administration and delivery of projects of medium to large value.
- Full contract administration duties on small through to medium sized projects.
- CAD design and space plans.
- Dealing with and approving tenants license for alteration works.
- Full duties under Party Wall Act.
- Preparation of Reinstatement Cost Assessments.
- Preparation of planning and listed building applications.
- Application of Building Regulations and obtaining Building Regulations approvals for design works.
The appointed candidate will be MRICS with demonstrable experience of having worked for landlords and tenants having dealt with sizeable dilapidation's claims. An experienced Contract Administrator of small to medium sized projects with values of up to £1m, you must be able to influence and chair progress meetings. Excellent reporting skills are essential as are strong IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Given this departments supporting role it is essential that you are comfortable dealing with tenants on a day to day basis whilst being able to working collaboratively with internal colleagues and teams.
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss this Building Surveyor and similar positions across the Yorkshire region, please contact Maria Sinclair on 0161 457 0105.