MRICS Quantity Surveyor
- £40,000 - 50,000 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 19th July 2017
- Job Type
MRICS Quantity Surveyor
£40,000 - £50,000 plus attractive benefits package
My client is a leading national developer with an immediate requirement for a proven MRICS Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
The appointed QS will be responsible for providing all cost advice relating to the development pipeline from initial calculations through to final accounts.
Key duties will include:
- Provide quantity surveying resource and support across the business, including the Project Development and Construction teams, on new build and refurbishment projects, including advice on buildability and construction programming/phasing as appropriate
- Prepare pre-tender estimates/construction cost estimates which can be audited and which include notes on divergences, assumptions and exclusions
- Assist in preparing tender and contract documents
- Keep the project lead fully up to date on any changes to costs
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- On projects not covered by Framework agreements, provide advice and assist with the process of selecting and allocating work to contractors
- Provide a tender report on all tenders received to include a comparative analysis between tenders and the pre-tender estimate
- Discuss and clarify queries from tendering contractors during the bidding process
- Negotiate and agree construction phase milestone payments schedules
- Provide feedback to all contractors, design team and internal teams on issues arising and agree a unified approach to any further clarifications
- Negotiate and record in an approved and auditable format all adjustments to the submitted tender between submissions of tender and financial close, whether financial or not and howsoever caused, ensuring appropriate sign off of each adjustment
- When/if external consultants are appointed, question and scrutinise their work to ensure the client is getting accurate pricing information
- Liaise with the construction team to ensure that historic specification and buildability issues are not repeated and promote and bring forward new technologies and energy efficiencies etc.
- Risk and value management
- Life cycle advice and analysis
Selected candidates must be a chartered Quantity Surveyor with sufficient experience of managing tender processes, building contracts, all statutory health and safety matters through to a detailed knowledge of the construction process. Previous experience of working with healthcare and residential developments would be highly advantageous.
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss the MRICS Quantity Surveyors role in more detail, please contact Maria Sinclair on 0161 457 0105.