- Middle East & North Africa
- Construction & Engineering, Construction Supervision
- 7th February 2016
- Job Type
Our client, a large comglomerate who are looking to develop their Construction Arm based ins Saudi Arabia. They have a requirement for an experienced best practise procurement professional to assist them with the centralising of their procurement function. This is sensational opportunity for a talented and experienced procurement expert with solid multinational construction experience to progress their career in a greenfield function. Our client is known for looking after both their customers and employees.
The selected applicant will report to the Executive Managing Director and will be responsible for:
- Centralising the procurement function: determine appropriate contractual instruments for various types of centralized procurement (service contracts, long term contracts, bulk order contracts, etc.) based on the assessment of the sourcing need and negotiate; Lead development and implementation of sourcing strategies related to key contruction raw materials.
- Plan, supervise and control the implementation of all the company purchases of Construction Material & technical equipment from local and foreign suppliers, and ensure that all orders are received and cleared as per agreed schedules as well as per Company's process & procedures and in a best practice/high quality effective manner.
- Monitor supplier quality and intervene where necessary to assure strong supplier performance and Supervises the custom clearence of items purchased from foregin markets.
In order to be a successful applicant forthe Procurement Manager role, candidates:
- Must be a degree qualified, preferably in Procurement & Supply Chain.
- 10+ years experience within a best practise procurement function.
- Confident to perform under pressure and multi projects at one time working exposure.
- Arabic is preferred.