PROJECT MANAGER- CIVIL
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 25th January 2016
- Job Type
PROJECT MANAGER - CIVIL
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Civil Project Manager
- Busy Auckland contractor with a solid reputation
- Attractive remuneration package
This large tier 2 Civil Contractor has forged a strong reputation across New Zealand and overseas over the last 50 years. With projects underway across a wide range of disciplines, they approach each with full commitment to integrity and delivering to a very high standard. They recognise that their people are key to their ongoing success - they have built a highly experienced and motivated workforce, and are committed to developing their people through the ranks. This is a great organisation that will support your career development goals and reward on performance.
We are currently searching for a positive and motivated Project Manager with a proven track record in the construction and project management of major earthworks, roading and related infrastructure projects. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the project and must be a strong leader, able to motivate and drive your team forward. We are looking for someone technically minded with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with the Project Team, client representatives, sub-contractors, foremen and external consultants.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Industry related degree such as a BE or similar
- A solid working knowledge of bulk earthworks, drainage and infrastructure, roading and paving.
- A proven track record in delivering quality projects, and able to provide examples.
- Strong programming and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide clear and direct leadership to the team, and be a supportive manager.
- Strong commercial acumen, cost management and financial reporting skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established business in a serious growth phase, and give your career trajectory a real boost. Competitive salary and package are on offer to the right candidate.
If this sounds like you, please call Amy Welch at Cobalt Recruitment for a confidential chat – 09 303 9093