Head of Risk Management
- AED 40,000 - 45,000 per month
- Middle East & North Africa, Dubai and the Northern Emirates
- Financial Services, Risk Management & Compliance
- 13th December 2015
- Job Type
Our client is a national leading bank within the GCC. They are looking to hire a Head of Risk Management that can manage all aspects of risk in accordance with policies, procedures and strategies agreed by the Board.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the activities of the Risk Management Department in accordance with policies and procedures approved by the Board and the terms of reference approved by Risk Management Committee.
- Preparing monthly risk reports as required by the management, RMC and Board, separately for main risk categories (credit, market, operational risks)
- Review the draft annual business plan and advise on the risk implications including projected month end capital adequacy ratios.
- Review, comment on the risk implications and make recommendation to management and RMC.
- Perform a quarterly review of the investment portfolio and report findings to management and RMC.
A successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in commerce, economics, accountancy, business studies, mathematics, IT or related discipline.
- Accountancy qualification - CFA, MBA or equivalent (desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience gained in a bank or other financial insitution: ideal last position in a GCC bank.
- Proven administrative and managerial expertise: innovative: have the required professional bearing and interpersonal skills to interface effewctively with top management and external parties.