Head of Specialist Lending
- Basic + Bonus
- Financial Services, Property & Real Estate Finance
- 12th July 2017
- Job Type
Our client is a boutique, highly entrepreneurial Real Estate Advisory business with a 25 year track record of working with ultra high net-worth families and individuals, assisting on a variety of different property related transactions. The business provides a discreet and confidential service to its clients, who are looking to secure funding on their property requirements.
Specific Duties & Main Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for originating loans by introducing client/borrower to lending institutions and negotiating and securing an offer of finance for a real estate acquisition or refinance. This will be achieved by holding an existing core client base of active investors in the market looking to acquire or refinance real estate assets.
- To assist clients raising finance in Residential, Commercial and Development transactions;
- Knowledge of the HNW client lending market in London on high end property.
- Ensure sound knowledge of the real estate lending market by engaging regularly with lenders; attend & hold regular meetings with lenders; attend real estate functions; network as appropriate to establish and maintain good relationships;
- Participate openly and proactively to secure new clients and broaden client base;
- Play an active part in the setting of annual business targets for the finance dep. and taking responsibility to exceed target;
- Identify client needs;
- Underwrite and evaluate the client funding requirement based on information provided and the current lending market;
- Run cash flow to demonstrate return on equity to investor & debt serviceability on development finance transactions;
- Source appropriate funding package (senior and mezzanine debt, as appropriate) on development finance transactions;
- Hold a sound knowledge of active lenders underwriting criteria;
- Prepare and present funding proposal to Lender on behalf of client and provide supporting cash flow projection to demonstrate serviceability and exit position on development finance;
- Negotiate on behalf of the Client the Heads of Terms with the new Lender(s);
- Secure Formal Offer Letter(s);
- Provide support and assistance to ensure speedy completion of the transaction (liaise with Lenders, Valuers, Accountants and other professional parties as appropriate).
- Collect fees from Client and Banks
Qualifications and/or Prerequisites
- Real estate finance background
- Be fully conversant with different loan structures
- Hold a current and existing network of investors & banking professionals
- Good knowledge and understanding of the current real estate lending market
- Good knowledge and understanding of real estate
- High level of analytical & underwriting skills
- Positive & strong negotiator
- The ability & willingness to network
- The ability to establish and development relationships to build a position of trust with both clients & lenders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products including Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint is beneficial
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail.
- High degree of commitment and determination is required
- Ability to form part of a small team but also with the initiative to work independently
- Must commit to maintain strict confidence regarding all sensitive information
- Good understanding of HNW/UHNW international clients
- Ability to frequently travel globally
- Good understanding of international accounting – This is required to for underwriting of self employed international clients
- Responsible for future staff in Finance Dep.
If you would like more information on our client / this role, please submit your CV for consideriation.