Associate, Asset Management Real Estate (m/f)
- Attraktives Gehaltspaket
- Germany, Hessen
- Property & Real Estate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
- 8th May 2017
- Job Type
Our client is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. They offer a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Their clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Real Estate arm manages over $22 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Our clients Real Estate team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and private investors. The platform manages a broad array of investment strategies, including core, value-add and opportunistic, through separate accounts and commingled funds. Our extensive experience encompasses many major geographies as well as all major property types including office, industrial, retail.
Our client is now seeking an associate level asset manager to support the growth of the Real Estate platform, based in Frankfurt. The role will consist in managing the existing assets, maintaining the performance of the assets, defining and implementing strategies, completing the dispositions when required. The asset manager will work with a team of asset managers and report to the Director of Asset Management. The role will include attending client meetings and representing our asset and development capabilities on the ground. Where relevant, they will also support the acquisition team and the growth of the platform.
Main Tasks / Key Responsibilities:
• Define the best asset and development management strategies
• Report in a timely manner to obtain different necessary approval to implement the strategy
• Appoint all relevant third parties and negotiate contracts e.g. lawyers, notary, tax advisors, developers, property manager, marketing and communication agency, architect, engineering, quantity surveyor, leasing agents, investment agents
• Manage any development works performed on assets. From speculative development to heavy refurbishment, under any type of contract
• Manage the marketing and communication strategy
• Lead negotiations with tenants and prospects
• Recommend decisions based on detailed analysis supported by modelling
• Lead relationship with the banks who have financed the asset over the life of the project
• Maintain the performance of assets and make sure all processes are in place e.g. insurance
• Make sure collected rent are in line with tenancy schedule and work on the optimization of service charges
• Create in house view regarding tax structure, market rent and investment yield
• Perform hold/sell analysis on a quarterly basis
• Manage dispositions of assets.
On top of their day to day job, the associate will need to build an in house market view e.g. ERV, investment yield, regeneration areas, product of the future, investment thesis.
• Track record in asset management and development
• Previous experience in real estate investment preferably gained in the German real estate market
• Preferably experience from international company
• Analytical skills and understanding of cash flow models;
• Excellent understanding of property as an asset class;
• Strong network with industry contacts, architects, general contractors, engineering
• Strong degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering school or Real Estate (or equivalent) preferred.
• Excellent Excel, Word and Power Point skills
• Strong professional German and English communication skills ; both oral and written level required.
• Degree in Real Estate is desirable.
• Knowledge of Office/retail/logistic market in each top 7 cities in Germany.
• Team leader.
• Assertive demeanour and entrepreneurial thinking.
• Ability to initiate and drive asset management initiatives proactively and simultaneously.
• Presentations skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong network with landlords, agents and tenants.
• MS Office skills (particularly Word and Excel).
Are you interested?
Then please send your complete application with the reference number DB/1274030 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our specialist recruitment consultant Daniel M. Bauer at +49 (0)69 3 4877 4470.