AVP - PE Real Estate Research
- SGD $7,000 - 10,000 per month + bonus + extras + allowances
- Asia, Singapore
- Property & Real Estate, Property Research & Economics
- 11th July 2017
- Job Type
Cobalt Recruitment is working with a leading Private Equity Real Estate Fund Manager to help appoint an Assistant Vice President for their Asia Pacific research team.
As our client is one of the premier fund managers in real estate on a global level, we seek applicants who have a deep rooted interest and experience in private equity real estate in Asia. This can cover most asset classes including commercial, retail, industrial and hotels. In terms of the investment mandate we are open to Researchers who have worked on core, core-plus, value-add or opportunistic strategies as the focus is to find someone who is bright, sharp and engaging.
This truly is an exceptional opportunity with a world-leading PERE Fund Manager offering a fast-tracked professional development opportunity in an exciting and international environment.
Please apply immediately to be considered for shortlisting.
- Primary tasks will be tracking the regional, national and local property markets, analyzing and reporting on current real estate trends and movements, forecasting real estate conditions and integrating both proprietary and third-party research into the investment process.
- Work with Head of Asia Pacific Research to develop target market analyses in order to provide strategic guidance for acquisitions/dispositions for existing portfolios and for product/business developments.
- Work closely with the acquisitions, portfolio management and asset management functions to provide up to date opinions on proposed transactions and insight into relevant markets, modelling assumptions and growth projections/trends.
- Work with the head of research to determine independent research market view for new acquisition, write up this view i.e. the market section in the IC paper and present the research view in the IC meeting.
- Assist with the development of periodic reporting and investor marketing materials. Responsible for writing up the market section in the quarterly portfolio reports and various strategic papers.
- Collaborate with other research colleagues in Europe and the US on global research projects including contribution to the global research publications
- Assist with various client requests
- Candidate pursuing BA/BS degree, ideally in Finance, Economics or Real Estate, or something equivalent, similar or relevant
- Candidate should have a few years of relevant research experience in Asia Pacific
- Preferably bilingual or multilingual in at least one Asian language
- Strong writing and communication skills. Capable of communicating investment strategies to both internal and external parties in presentations
- Ability to organize and lead research projects
- Ability to adopt a collaborative/collegial approach to problem resolution with other teams
- Quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team-oriented, with a high degree of integrity and professionalism