Block Manager, Manchester/Bolton
- GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 29th June 2017
- Job Type
Our client is a well established and highly reputable firm of managing agents with offices throughout the UK. They have developed an enviable reputation for the provision of a first class property management service to clients and are looking to build on that with the acquisition of a talented and experienced property manager to join their North West team.
You will be tasked with the management of an extensive block portfolio, working closely with the wider property team to maintain the high standards expected by their clients. The portfolio is made up of a mixture of properties from purpose built blocks to mixed use and new build developments, converted town houses and estates.
Activities within the role shall include but not be limited to:
* Establish a working relationship with the RMC, RTM and Freehold clients.
* Calculate and set annual service charge budgets.
* Liaise between clients, residents and contractors.
* Carry out site visits/inspections to identify, plan and oversee works.
* Oversee routine contracts such as gardening and cleaning.
* Plan major works under Section 20.
* Draw up long term works schedules.
* Attend AGM's, EGM's and other residential meetings which may be required out of normal office hours.
* Tender for and obtain Building Insurance provision.
* Deal with Residents and Solicitors enquiries.
* Arrange Health & safety and Fire Risk Assessments along with any associated works.
* All associated administration and record keeping in support of the above property management functions.
You will need to have had previous experience working as a property manager in leasehold block management as well as being familiar with RICS code of practices, the Landlord & Tenant and Companies Acts.
The opportunities inherent within this role are impressive with our client keen for the successful candidate to progress within the company, additional training courses through IRPM &/or ARMA or any other relevant bodies will be encouraged as will continued professional development.