- GBP50000 - GBP75000 per annum + excellent benefits package, bonus
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 6th October 2016
- Job Type
Cost Planner / Procurement Manager - Client Side - Development Company - London
Salary: Circa £50,000 - £75,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits
Our client is a top ten development business covering 85 acres of land around the UK. To date, they have completed more than 2M sq. ft. of mixed-use development. They currently have 835 homes under construction, with the ambition to deliver 4000 homes. They focus on the development of large complex mixed-use regeneration projects many with large £100+ million residential (high end residential * mid level) aspects for the private sale and PRS market in addition to retail, hotel, and commercial. In addition to their existing schemes, they have an exceptional pipeline of upcoming schemes.
The appointed Cost Planner/Procurement Manager will be building a portfolio of key suppliers. The role will report into the Head of Procurement. You will be carrying out interrogation of cost consultants cost plans, establishing new key suppliers, ensuring that warranties and quality control procedures are adhered to by key suppliers, working with the internal technical team, maintain relationship with preferred suppliers ensuring the highest quality of delivery and price, and make sure that pre-construction team is supplied with all documentation.
What's on offer?
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays (with the option to buy up to a maximum of a further five days)
- Life assurance (2x salary)
- Private medical insurance (individual cover)
- Income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- MRICS qualified preferable
- Experience in quantity surveying and cost planning on large residential lead schemes.
- Knowledge of the suppliers in the residential development market.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain business relationships.
This position would suit a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in cost planning, seeking to expand their experience into procurement and getting involved in fantastic landmark projects within the client side developer environment.
For further information and to apply please apply online with your CV quoting reference ZS1270445.