Investment Associate / Director (m/f)
- attraktives Fixum + Bonus + Promote in den Deals
- Germany, Hessen
- Property & Real Estate, Investment Management
- 18th August 2016
- Job Type
Our client is a direct co-investing platform for UK and European real estate, designed and operated exclusively for family offices and private investors. This company is a sustainability-focused investor, and a central part of its strategy is to use a principled approach to property and the built environment to drive investment returns. Its strategy is underpinned by fundamental value investment philosophy and a highly thoughtful investment process. The team has a successful €5 billion track record spanning three decades.
In response to the growth of its business and additional capital from its investors, our client is seeking to add an Investment Associate or Director (m/f) to the team in its Frankfurt office. This is an exciting role where the successful candidate will have a wide scope to play a leading role in its German investment strategy, be a key part of developing the firm’s German business plan, executing it, and driving the overall German business. The new hire will work on deals throughout their lifecycle from creative sourcing of new deals, transaction execution, asset management and value creation initiatives, and sale processes.
Main Tasks / Key Responsibilities:
- Develop investment strategies, including what asset types / locations offer the best risk-adjusted returns
- Leverage the company’s existing sourcing network and develop their own to create unique sourcing opportunities through creative use of agents and brokers, private families, lawyers, banks
- Part of the team that takes full “cradle to grave” responsibility on transactions: acquisition, asset management, value creation and disposition
- Deep analysis of investment opportunities using the company’s proprietary Excel models and other tools
- Critically evaluating opportunities from both a macro and micro perspective in order to derive the best relative risk-adjusted returns, making the case for transactions both internally and externally
- Preparing investment committee memos (one-page Phase I and 40+ page Phase II memos)
- Helping to execute bank financing, structuring debt terms and assisting with documentation
- Interacting with investors both existing and prospective (for e.g., explaining investment rationale)
- Assisting with the development and execution of asset management strategies, with a particular focus on our client’s “Responsible Real Estate” philosophy which blends sustainability, design, community and the built environment as a means of driving higher investment returns
- Interact with and oversight of in-house property management team, and assist with quarterly reporting
- Degree in business administration or real estate (IREBS, BA etc.), ideally with an additional real estate-specific degree (Master in Real Estate, Immobilienökonom, MRICS)
- Minimum of five to eight years’ relevant transactional experience, with prior experience with German commercial real estate
- Experience in working in an international and pro-active environment advantageous
- Top in their field analytical thinking, with the demonstrable ability to quickly see through complex and often conflicting facts to distil problem down to their essential, critical elements
- An interest in sustainability and the built environment
- A perfectionist’s eye for detail and the ability to deliver client-ready work the first time around
- A willingness to work in a self-directed way at times, but at equally able to excel collaboratively
- Exceptional technical skills a given
- Fluency in German with excellent English language skills
Are you interested?
Then please send your complete application with the reference number DB/1269357 to email@example.com or call Daniel Bauer at +49 (0)69 3 4877 4470.