Partner (Real Estate Funds), Shanghai China
- SGD $300,000 - 600,000 per annum
- Asia, Mainland China
- Property & Real Estate, Investment Management
- 10th October 2016
- Job Type
Our client, a leading Asian wealth and asset management company are seeking to bring on a Partner to head up their Real Estate Funds team in Shanghai, China.
A specialist in the Greater China market, you will lead on all real estate acquisitions and development, as well as eventual disposition of assets. At the same time, you will provide an oversight of portfolio asset management and operations and you would be involved in fundraising activities when necessary.
You will be an expert deal-sourcer who is highly-resourceful and well-connected. At the same time, you will have demonstrable experience in executing real estate transactions deals.
Reporting to the CEO, specific scope of work includes:
- Financial modelling & analysis
- Preparation of investment proposals & due diligence
- Evaluation and monitoring of investments both during and after development
- Preparation of reports & presentations to investors
- Investor presentations & business plans (including financial models)
- Procuring & negotiating debt financing
- Corporate structuring
- Tax planning
- Review & commercial appraisal of legal contracts
- Managing investor relations and issues arising
- Liaison, coordination & supervision of third party consultants including banks, trustees, etc.
- Asset management and optimization
A fast-growing asset management firm with a strong track record in developing financial products covering real estate funds, private equity funds, hedge funds and fixed income funds, my client are a well-respected establishment that offers a great deal of growth opportunities for the successful candidate.
The successful appointment would have an excellent track record in real estate fund management, acquisitions and investment, with a demonstrable track record in real estate development and investment, operations and management, as well as divestment (across all asset classes including office, commercial, mixed-use, retail, hospitality and residential).
You must be well-networked and acquainted with property owners and investors, financial institutions, HNWI, asset managers, family offices, insurance companies, private banks and wealth managers.
You would be disciplined, resourceful and excellent at relationship building.
You will have a good Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration, with minimum 10 to 15 years real estate experience working across the Greater China region (including Mainland China and Hong Kong).
You must possess strong knowledge of the property and financial services industry and have a keen understanding of real estate investments. You must also demonstrate good report writing and communication skills. You must be fluent in written and spoken Mandarin as you would be covering the Greater China region.