- GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + Plus benefits
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 6th September 2016
- Job Type
Based Manchester City Centre
£35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
My client is a PRS Landlord with ambitious plans to grow their residential portfolio across the North of England. They have considerable resource with a clear plan to be a long term player in this market. The current portfolio is late nineteenth century stock and so the appointed Property Manager must have the necessary technical experience to deal with these properties, whilst on-boarding the new homes as they feed through the development pipeline.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to get in at an early stage of this businesses growth. Key duties will include:
- Provide a high quality responsive repairs service to customers, the process from initial repair report to completion.
- Manage the maintenance and improvement programme
- Manage the void process, including establishing scope of work required
- Instructing works and managing various contractors and subcontractors. Sign off work completed and approve invoices for payment
- Be responsible for ensuring and maintaining full compliance on matters such as gas test certificates, legionella and fire alarms etc.
- Ensure the property management system (asset register) is up to date
- Controlling cost and ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Develop and improve internal systems of repair and maintenance
- Produce and prepare regular performance reports
It is envisaged that appointed candidates will have gained experience in the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of the legislative requirements relating to landlord responsibilities in the letting of residential properties
- Working knowledge of ASTs, section 21 and section 8 notices etc.
- Experience of working with older street properties
- Ideally some experience of HMO properties
- Hands on experience of working with and managing contractors.
- Appreciation and understanding of procurement processes, including basic forms of building contract
- Ability to establish and manage budgets
- An understanding of the asset management process and the role of good asset management from the landlord's perspective.
- Ideally some experience of major refurbishment programmes
- Experience of new housing
- Degree and/or chartered status desirable (RICS, CIOB, CIH)
- Considerable technical knowledge of house construction and maintenance, including CDM, health and safety etc
- Well-developed project management skills
- Experience of working with property management software
- Well-developed IT skills and able to use word, excel and PowerPoint etc
- Able to provide high levels of customer's service
- Able to identify new areas to improve value for money and be committed to the process of continual improvement
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss this and other regional Property Manager roles, please contact Maria Sinclair on 0161 457 0105.