Real Estate Managing Director - Shanghai based
- Asia, Mainland China
- Property & Real Estate, Investment
- 28th June 2017
- Job Type
My client, a regional real estate private equity investment firm, managing multi-billion asset, are seeking to appoint an Managing Director with minimum 15 years of regional real estate investment and business development experience for their team. Based in Shanghai, you would lead on real estate business opportunities in China.
The successful appointment would originate, evaluate, negotiate and execute deals, including real estate assets, portfolio acquisitions and some indirect fund work.
The candidate will have outstanding analytical and quantitative skills, as well as a solid grasp of all aspects of real estate investment. Specific work will include:-
- Sourcing for real estate deals and investment opportunities
- Evaluating potential asset acquisitions
- Financial modelling & analysis
- Preparation of investment proposals & due diligence
- Evaluation and monitoring of investments
- Preparation of reports & presentations to investors
- Investor presentations & business plans (including financial models)
- Procuring & negotiating debt financing
- Managing investor relations and issues arising
- Liaison, coordination & supervision of third party consultants including banks, trustees, etc.
- A good Degree in Finance, Economics or Business, with at least 15 years experience in real estate investment (office, retail, commercial, residential, hospitality, industrial).
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry and a keen understanding of real estate investments.
- Demonstrate good report writing and communication skills.
- Have substantial experience in leading and managing a team.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Base in Shanghai with frequent travel to different cities.