Senior/ Associate, Transactions – India Real Estate (based in Singapore)
- SGD $7,000 - 9,000 per month
- Asia, Singapore
- Property & Real Estate, Investment Management
- 9th May 2017
- Job Type
Our client runs an international property investment and asset management business and they are seeking to appoint a qualified Senior/ Associate, Transactions to work on all their real estate transactions across Asia Pacific and India. Indian language proficiency is essential to this role as you are required to deal with counterparts in India.
A global firm with a strong track record of investing in and managing high-yield properties worldwide, our client are a well-respected and highly successful establishment that offers a great deal of growth opportunities for the successful candidate. With a sizable Asian portfolio of circa $1bn AUM, they are looking to double or triple their property assets and there will be a focus on India and APAC. This role would be operating out of Singapore.
You would be supporting in sourcing for deals and in performing underwriting for deals, with a view to source new acquisitions, evaluate their feasibility, prepare the appropriate papers to progress the acquisition and undertake the requisite due diligence, and if appropriate, to identify assets for disposal and oversee the sale procedure through to completion.
- To identify potential acquisitions and undertake financial modelling and analysis to ascertain their suitability for purchase.
- Preparation of investment proposals and conducting due diligence.
- To present potential investment transactions to the Investment Committee for approval to proceed.
- Once acquisitions are approved, to run the full purchase procedure – formally appointing and co-ordinating third parties, ensuring that all relevant property and legal due diligence is completed, including, where appropriate, procuring and negotiating debt financing.
- For new acquisitions, to formally appoint and oversee all relevant third party service providers required for the effective day to day running of the properties themselves, including managing / letting agents and legal advisors. Regular meetings will need to be held with the respective advisors to monitor performance.
- Corporate structuring, tax planning, performing review and commercial appraisal of legal contracts.
- Managing investor relations.
- Liaison, coordination and supervision of third party consultants including banks, trustees, etc.
- Evaluation and monitoring of investments both during and after development.
- To identify assets for disposal where necessary.
- To appoint and oversee all relevant third party service providers including valuation surveyors, legal and taxation advisors, administrators, etc.
- Asset management and optimization where necessary.
- Solid real estate acquisition and investment experience with demonstrable track record and deal sheet.
- Transactional experience in India.
- Indian speaker at a minimum as you would need to deal with Indian counterparts. Reading and writing would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in real estate investment management.
- Direct experience with a well-recognised firm of real estate investors or fund managers, preferably having a previous appointment as an Investment Analyst/ Associate of a recognised Asia Fund and therefore with a proven track record.