Senior Commercial Analyst
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Analysis
- 12th September 2016
- Job Type
Ngāi Tahu Property Limited, established in 1994, is a property development and investment company with assets valued at approximately $500 million. The company is one of the investment pillars of Ngāi Tahu Holdings Corporation, whose mission is to create wealth for Ngāi Tahu Whanui (families).
Ngāi Tahu Property is a commercial enterprise with values that are shaped and defined by its owners - the people of Ngāi Tahu. Inter-generational investment, commitment, sustainability and long-term vision underpin the acumen to identify and capitalise on opportunities. This approach to business is the hallmark of Ngāi Tahu Property.
The development activities within Ngāi Tahu Property currently include residential, commercial, industrial and retail projects. Current significant commercial projects include an $80m CBD office and carpark development along with a recently completed $25m specialist facility for NZ Blood, in Christchurch. Ngāi Tahu Property are also developing the large residential communities of Wigram Skies, and Preston's which to date has delivered over 3000 sections into the residential market. With continued successful growth in the South Island, Ngāi Tahu Property has established an Auckland office looking to maximise the extensive opportunities offered by the Auckland property development sector. They are currently developing a $110m residential built form project in joint venture at Hobsonville Point.
Ngāi Tahu Property is now looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join the Auckland office.
The Senior Commercial Analyst is part of the team that drives all commercial aspects of Ngāi Tahu Property's business. This includes financial rationalisations of business decisions, financial valuation and feasibility modelling as well as management reporting responsibilities.
Reporting to the GM Finance & Corporate Services this is a significant hire for Ngāi Tahu Property. The role will introduce critical capability to the Auckland operation allowing for continued growth in investment activity and prudent management of existing developments.
Key Accountabilities – Ngā Kawenga Takohanga
* Driving long term forecasting and budgeting processes of Ngāi Tahu Property
* Feasibility and valuation modelling including business case and project analysis
* Management reporting
* Key support to business origination team
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity the ideal candidate will have significant experience as a property investment analyst ideally within the Auckland region.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following;
* A relevant tertiary qualification in valuations, finance, accounting or equivalent
* CA or other similar professional finance qualification is essential
* A number of years post qualification experience in a property, large corporate or professional services environment.
* Advanced financial modelling skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports.
* High attention to detail coupled with the ability to maintain a view of the wider strategic aspects
* Strong lateral thinking/problem solving ability
* Be an action orientated person
* Embrace the Ngāi Tahu values and aspirations.
A competitive salary is on offer for the right individual.
This is an opportunity for someone who recognises the significant intrinsic value of joining a high quality property business that is ideally placed to maximise the opportunities in the Auckland property development sector.
To apply in strict confidence, click below or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org