Strategic Land Manager
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum + Benefits and bonus
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 26th April 2017
- Job Type
A leading privately owned estate is seeking a Strategic Land Portfolio Manager to join their residential development team.
The portfolio, of over 50 sites, is a combination of wholly owned and JV owned assets and is managed by this team who are in charge of managing all sites from acquisition through to disposal, including all tasks in the middle such as securing development plan allocations and planning permission, and appointing and managing all external consultants.
- To manage the portfolio and the various types of developments.
- To identify and undertake suitable land acquisitions/disposals.
- To lead agents, planning, technical and legal advisors from inception to achieving consent and subsequent disposal.
- To provide specialist technical advice to internal Committees and Senior Management.
- Identifying and managing the strategic land opportunities in line with our client's Investment Strategy.
- Working with the Portfolio Manager to review and update the pipeline and implementation strategy.
- Prepare written reports seeking formal approval to development transactions/expenditure.
- Negotiating with local authorities and other organisations in relation to planning applications.
- Negotiating with agents, landowners and developers on the sale and acquisition of strategic land.
- Working with agents, developers and others in sourcing, acquiring and disposing of property.
- Responsibility for establishing and implementing disposal strategies.
- RICS and/or RTPI professional membership
- Direct experience of planning, development and land promotion
- Educated to degree level
- Understanding of the financial and legal aspects of development opportunities
- Clear understanding of the planning system and current challenges
- Strong Excel modelling skills
- Strong project management skills required to drive forward specific opportunities
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.