Long Island City, New York
Our client is a privately held real estate development/management firm dedicated to the commercial and residential space. They are seeking a talented Accountant to join the team and assist the VP of Accounting and CFO with all relevant financial duties. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of all financial reports.
- Evaluate, prepare, and maintain budgets, balance sheets, journal entries and the month-end close process.
- Handle audits, tax returns and be the point of contact for the accounts payable team.
- Prepare and assist with new and existing projects.
- Frequently interact with management and other departments.
Only candidates that can display the following experience and qualifications will be considered:
- At least 5 years of experience as an Accountant within the real estate or construction industry
- Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Strong familiarity with the software Yardi is a plus, knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with employees of all levels.
- First-class references, attention to detail, and a can-do, proactive mentality; someone who is willing to take initiative to help the company grow more efficiently.
Compensation: Competitive Base + Benefits