Borough of Queens, New York
With over 40 years' experience and a well-developed repeat customer list our client is a privately-owned, progressive Contractor located in Queens, NY. With a reputation for quality and service they have seen significant growth in work and are looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their operations team.
- Answer vendor and subcontractors questions in a timely manner.
- Verify all invoices submitted for payment and match purchase orders.
- Obtain proper approval for all invoices.
- Accurate posting of all approved invoices to the General Ledger, noting Job and Cost Code when applicable.
- Recording credit card transactions, job-costed when appropriate.
- Generate checks for payments and expenses.
- Update and maintain a file of all payment requests and invoices submitted.
- A minimum 2-5 years experience in Accounts Payable.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Sage 50 and Quantum Project Manager experience a plus.
- First class references, strong leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks with a team focused, proactive mentality.
Compensation: Competitive Base + Benefits