Carlstadt, New Jersey
US$130000.00 - US$200000.00 per annum
A prominent real estate developer is seeking an assistant controller in Bergen County, NJ. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team and overseeing all financial transactions.
- Oversee monthly and annual reporting of properties.
- Consolidated financials and ensured all revenues and expenses were accounted for accurately.
- Respond to inquiries from ownership and partners about management results.
- Oversee/perform special analyses on property results, including revenues, operating expenses, and property accruals/allocations.
- Oversee monthly distributions to ownership.
- Monitor property NOI/Cash flow to ensure sufficient liquidity to cover necessary expenses.
- Monitor rent collections from commercial properties and analyze tenants' outstanding receivables.
- Includes real estate/PILOT taxes, mortgage payments, distributions, and vendor payments.
- Work with Treasury Analyst to execute required payments.
- Work closely to perform monthly roll-up.
- Reconcile Cash Flow to tie out to the general ledger and cash log
- Oversee AP Staff to ensure payment processing is timely and accurate.
- Track invoices and ensure prompt payment for all vendors with a focus on the company's key vendors.
- Oversee allocation of overhead to properties.
- Oversee the tenant onboarding/offboarding is executing correctly, including promptly arranging and repaying security deposits.
- Analyze monthly variances to prior months or budget and perform ad-hoc analysis whenever needed.
- Work with brokers to update coverages and negotiate costs.
- Allocate insurance to each project/property.
- Oversee Treasure Analyst as they set up required bank accounts and perform daily responsibilities, including positive pay.
- Review monthly credit card bills and perform variance analysis, as required.
- Oversee Treasure analysts as they set up required bank accounts and perform daily responsibilities, including positive pay.
- Ensure Bill4Time appropriately allocates payroll to properties.
- Review monthly credit cards and perform variance analysis.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
- CPA Preferred
- 15+ years of accounting experience, preferably within the Real Estate industry.
- Experience with Yardi and Bill4time
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in technology implementations preferred.
The Fair market assumption for this role is $135,000-$190,000.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range when posting. In addition, it is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.