Queens, New York
Our client is a nationally ranked leader with pre-construction, general construction and construction management services. They are seeking an Assistant Superintendent at the junior level to work on existing and upcoming projects at John F. Kennedy Airport in Queens NY.
- Assist the Superintendent with managing all construction activities on the project site while ensuring compliance with contract documents including the internal policies and procedures related to the project.
- Help administer and monitor the project safety program
- Perform daily job site walks
- Manage select self-perform labor and subcontractor operations to ensure work is completed in accordance with quality standards.
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Supervise and ensure all safety protocols are met.
- A bachelor's degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred, a bachelors in construction management is a plus
- 1-3 years of previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent or similar role is preferred
- Experience with projects in the NY public sector preferred
- Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site to which assigned
- Willingness to commute to John F. Kennedy Airport
- Have ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Have ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
- Competitive base + bonus + benefits