New York, United States of America
US$100000.00 - US$115000.00 per annum
Midtown-based Real estate developer is looking for a commercial property accountant to join the team. The Property Accountant is responsible for reviewing property accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, month-end CAM tax billings, reconciliation of budgeting, and financial and lender reporting.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute internal monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Responsible for preparing work papers for year-end GAAP Audits and Income Tax Reviews related to commercial properties.
- Attend/ coordinate internal accounting and financial reporting meetings and process changes.
- Manage annual budget and quarterly re-forecast process for assigned properties, including meetings with internal managers to review contracts and anticipated costs and expenses.
- Perform variance analysis of actual results vs. budget/ forecast and present findings to Executives and business partners.
- Prepare Cash Funding and Draw Request package.
- Able to review leases and tenant ledge and communicate with a tenant.
- Review staff-level accountant journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA or requirements met for certification - is a plus
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a commercial real estate
- MRI or Yardi experience is required.
The fair market assumption for this role is $95,000- $115,000 per annual.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.