New York, North America
US$70000.00 - US$95000.00 per annum + Benefits
Title: Financial Controller - Construction
Our client is a well-established, profitable Owner/Builder headquartered in Dutchess County. The firm works on a broad array of both residential and commercial projects in the private sector, and they are currently looking to add a Controller with specific construction accounting experience to their team.
The Controller will oversee the firm's day-to-day accounting functions and will work closely with the CFO on relevant financial operations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and manage risk, while ensuring accuracy and compliance with all regulations.
- Oversee Accounting operations such as; analyzing financial data, forecasting revenue, monitoring expenditures, and coordinating auditing processes.
- Assist in formulating sound financial strategies while implementing proper internal protocols
- Manage and train staff on business finance issues and driving income generation
- Lead the Accounting team and assist with any complications including Accounts Payable/Receivable, overseeing all income statements,
- Assist with any other pertinent ad-hoc projects
Only candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
- Specific construction accounting experience
- Strategic planning skills along with exceptional fiscal & numerical proficiency
- Strong organizational, analytical and leadership skills
- Expert familiarity with Accounting Software, and ability to put together new SOP if necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with all levels of the organization
- A home location that allows for commute to Dutchess County office
- First class references, attention to detail and a can do, proactive mentality that is willing to take initiative to help the company grow more efficiently.
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits