New York, United States of America
US$200000.00 - US$250000.00 per annum + Profit Sharing
Vertically integrated Real Estate firm seeking a Director of Construction to oversee and handle planning, direction, coordination of activities, contractor selection, and monitor performance from conception to completion on multifamily projects. This role requires the ability to travel and previous experience in value-add/capital improvement construction.
Responsible for making key decisions to ensure that construction projects are in conformity with the proposed budget and are completed on time.
Must be capable of examining the project in-depth, scheduling deliverables, estimating costs, and coordinating general and subcontractors. This involves overseeing the construction project from the conception phase to the construction phase and coordinating deadlines to make sure that the project is completed within the stipulated timeframe and make all needed schedules.
He/she has the responsibility of evaluating and determining costs by preparing a budget (both soft and hard costs), and finding ways to reduce budgets, such as utilizing alternative building materials when necessary.
Tasks include and are not limited to negotiating contracts with vendors and other professionals, and renegotiating contracts with contractors and subcontractors when changes occur.
Attend and proactively participate in construction meetings to communicate with staff, supervisors, and other parties involved in the construction project to discuss budgets, plans, and goals.
You must have excellent time management skills, verbal and written communication skills, and good teamwork skills.
The Director interfaces with local governments, inspectors, compliance officers, vendors,
engineers, sponsors, and contractors as well as communicates the status of each project and
workflow to internal staff on a regular basis.
The candidate must be well-versed and experienced with all 16 AIA-Trade Classifications of construction, including site logistics & site safety (in coordination with all local authorities & jurisdictions), in addition to site work, concrete foundation and superstructure, building envelope, elevators & MEPs.
Minimum five (5) years' experience as a Senior Project Manager in residential construction projects which range in value between $10-Million and $150-Million and encompass ground-up, renovation and conversion construction.
Candidate must be a self-motivated, cost-conscious, organized, multi-tasker with excellent communication and documentation skills including job reporting, weekly progress meetings and dealing directly with owners, executives, and design teams, in addition to the sub-contractors and trade contractors.
Must be hands-on and experienced in using project management software such as Primavera, MS Projects, Procore and/or other similar programs.
Must oversee all project activities, including subcontractors & vendors, staff scheduling, trade coordination and compliance with DOB & OSHA safety rules & regulations.
Candidate must have ability to push the project schedule along with the sub-contractors/trade contractors and their respective teams. Must have a strong personality with great leadership and "field general" skills.
Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Performs maintenance tasks required to complete projects or maintain facilities.
- Identifies and adheres to budgets for assigned projects.
- Oversees punch lists and the completion of those tasks.
- Manage the permitting process from initial approvals to final Certificate of Occupancy.
- Manage design, development, and construction documents.
- Manage the design team and construction contractors during the development process.
- Solicit bids and retain the development team for each project.
- Assist in coordination of consultants, meetings, and drawings.
- Knowledge of construction management best practices
- Coordinates plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Leads project meetings.
- Develop and maintain strategies and procedures, including scalable construction strategies from project initiation to handover to the client.
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Ensure projects are front loaded with rigorous planning, value engineering, constructability processes and best practices.
- Prepares / reviews / assists with processing Lender / bank requisitions.
- Assists the Due Diligence team with analysis of new acquisitions.
- Willing to travel nationally as needed.
- Able to multi-task and perform various task as needed to complete projects.
- Degree in Engineering, CM, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.
- Commitment to continuous learning, teamwork, and knowledge transfer.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project management, controls, reporting and coordination.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the development and new construction business.
- Participated in construction design and build projects from inception to commissioning.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.