New York, United States of America
Director of Development
Location: Fully Remote - Boston, MA corporate office
Our client is a luxury residential resort developer that is seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Development to serve as a key leader in the growth and expansion of their operations. The Director of Development will possess strategic insight, leadership skills, and creative thinking, as well as the development expertise to oversee the full breadth of their development initiatives.
This individual must be highly motivated and will take responsibility for improving the efficiency of processes, decreasing construction costs, managing best-of-breed talent and overseeing the development of award-winning communities. The Chief Development Office will have P&L ownership of the entire project lifecycle, including: project proof of concept, conceptualization/feasibility, market & financial analysis, planning, design, permitting and construction.
· P&L management of all development, construction and maintenance activities;
· Establishing key metrics, measure performance against development goals/objectives, and effectively managing within budget, maximizing the return on investment;
· Leading a team of in-house architects, designers, project managers and construction professionals spread across their corporate offices and properties;
· Assuming control and responsibility of organizational structure and reporting lines to optimize productivity;
· Participating in the identification, feasibility analysis and negotiation of real estate projects; and
- Mastering plan ownership and timeline management.
Education, Experience & Skills:
· 10+ years of real estate development experience, ideally gained within the hospitality and/or residential space;
- A proven understanding of the high-end/luxury markets where clients' expectations are high;
- No ego - this firm is focused on excellence for the customer and collaboration that drives exceptional delivery;
- Strong development, construction, design and underwriting knowledge gained across multiple domestic and, ideally, international markets;
- First-class leadership skills and proven capability to build best-in-class teams; and
- A home location close to a major east coast airport hub and the willingness to travel significantly as needed for new and existing projects.