The Bronx, New York
Job Summary: The Director of Real Estate manages our affordable housing real estate portfolio.
* Asset management of our affordable housing real estate portfolio, consisting of three buildings with over 550 affordable dwelling units and 50,000+ SF of commercial space.
* Oversee third-party property managing agents. Supervise budgeting, predict and plan capital expenditures. Respond to reporting and compliance requests from funding agencies. Prepare periodic asset management reports for relevant board committees.
* Oversee residential and commercial renovations of the real estate portfolio. Assist in securing funding for capital improvements from public and private sources. Coordinate professionals including architects, attorneys, engineers and general contractors.
* Supervise project manager for tenant improvements of three new spaces totaling 20,000 SF, including an arts facility, an office space and a retail storefront.
* Oversee sustainability and green building efforts, including a cogeneration plant and two rooftop farms. Secure operating cost reductions through agency incentive programs.
* Manage facility security and reception.
* Bachelor's degree in real estate, business, accounting or an undergraduate degree with certificates in a related field such as asset management or construction management.
* At least 5 years of project/asset management experience, preferably with affordable housing.
* Master's degree candidates with 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Commitment to community development and work in low-income communities is preferred.