Clifton, New Jersey
US$160000.00 - US$180000.00 per annum
Our client is a leading general contractor and developer that specializes in multi- faceted projects for public works agencies in New York and New Jersey. Their extensive portfolio consists heavy construction projects ranging from $20M to $150M. They are seeking an estimator to help them with a variety or professional estimating duties relayed to developing estimates and procuring work for public agency projects.
- Prepare take-off & pricing for a variety of municipal construction opportunities, by reviewing, interpreting, and accurately estimating scope of work as outlined in project documents.
- Pilot thorough analysis of drawings and specifications by researching selected products from a cost and constructability perspective.
- Attend Pre-bid meetings where value engineering options and costs, as well as estimating productions and scheduling are provided and presented.
- Perform detailed project cost estimate using company estimating software.
- Compose and oversee all aspects of estimating including; pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, value engineering, subcontractor bidding and general conditions.
- Work collaboratively with owner and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 year's experience estimating for NY Public agency construction.
- Experience putting together bid packages for DSNY is highly preferred.
- Experience with estimation software.
- Competitive base + bonus + benefits