Staten Island, New York
US$80000.00 - US$120000.00 per annum
Our client is a leading general contracting and development firm that specializes in multi-faceted projects for public agencies in New York and New Jersey. Their extensive portfolio consists heavy construction projects ranging from $20M to $150M. They are seeking highly motivated Junior, Field and Senior Field Engineers with a demonstrated passion for excellence, taking initiative, strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time, and passion for safety to be part of a dynamic team. The Field Engineer's/Inspector's primary responsibility is to support the construction efforts by providing technical support to craft and supervision as well as helping to satisfy quality requirements on the project. Initiate action when necessary to ensure the project is being built as specified in the scope of work.
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with the interpretation of design drawings, specifications, project documentation, operation planning, scheduling, etc.
- Field engineering/inspecting, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating and supervision of field activities.
- Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and solving problems of a technical nature arising during construction.
- Manage field activities and implement engineering designs.
- Conduct indoor/outdoor inspections.
- Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
- Planning and scheduling of operations, to include procedures, sketches, and other necessary documents.
- Investigating problems and/or reported incidents, identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Working with suppliers as required inspecting, receiving, and facilitating the handling and delivery of materials.
- Inspect and test material and machinery for safety.
- Ensure proper maintenance of on site equipment.
- Oversee repairs and technical improvements.
- Conduct research and studies on site and submit reports.
- Supervise and ensure all safety protocols are met.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience as field engineer/inspector or similar role
- Completed OSHA 30-Hour construction course with evidence of certification
- Experience in NY public projects
- Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site to which assigned
- Reside in the NY/NJ metro area
- Have ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Have ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
- Attention to detail
- Competitive base + bonus + benefits