Vero Beach, Florida
Our client is an international civil general contractor that delivers some of the world's most challenging and high-profile infrastructure projects. With thousands of employees delivering heavy civil and critical infrastructure, including highways, bridges, railways, tunnels, and water treatment facilities, the firm also provides construction management and pre-construction services to build and upgrade important cultural, institutional, and commercial spaces.
With offices across the United States, the company won more than $1 billion in new work and was ranked in Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors.
The company is seeking a Surveyor who will provide direct survey and layout support to project teams for civil, mainline, roadway, bridge, and other heavy construction projects. The Surveyor will be responsible for reviewing plan sets for multiple projects, calculating and building roadway models, line work, points, etc. They will be responsible for layout and machine control in the field, earthwork takeoffs, and compiling topographies.
- Must have previous experience in roadway construction surveying.
- FDOT experience strongly preferred.
- Candidate should be proficient in any of the following: Trimble Business Center (Preferred), Microstation/GeoPak, Terra Model, Agtek and AutoCAD software.
- Ability to use dimensions from PDFs and hard prints to calculate exact layout locations.
- Must be able to use instruments to verify existing control points and existing elevations prior to providing site layouts.
- Knowledge of field survey operations, engineering and construction industry.
- This position will require both office and field work.
#cobnorm #landsurveyor #sitesurveyor #civilconstruction #construction #verobeachjobs #constructionjobs #floridaconstruction