Long Island City, New York
US$130000.00 - US$165000.00 per annum
Oversee on-site execution of a $90M ground up multi-family project, with a primary focus on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire safety systems, electromechanical machinery, on-site drainage, and utilities work. Be responsible for necessary organization, strategizing, and time-line management, ensuring the project's completion on schedule, within the estimated cost, and meeting the expected quality standards. Make certain that the completed work aligns with the building owner's intended operation. Safeguard and advance the proprietor's interests in all dealings.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assess agreements and tasks of subcontractors.
- Create and enforce quality assurance and control protocols to ensure work aligns with the terms of the contract documents and specifications.
- Handle the submission and examination of subcontractors' submissions for compliance and alignment with project prerequisites.
- Guide professionals and subcontractors in developing coordinated MEPS shop drawing documents. Address all conflicts detected during the coordination document development.
- Create and apply work timetables, identifying the critical path, and expedite the delivery of essential materials and equipment.
- Supervise, instruct, and monitor subcontractors, suppliers, labor force, and material activities.
- Liaise with public utility suppliers to secure final service links in line with the project schedule and system start ups.
- Secure all required permits for temporary usage and construction activities.
- Organize activities of inspection agencies as needed, ensuring all required MEPS and electromechanical jurisdictional inspections are conducted.
- Aid in assembling periodic construction progress reports.
- Examine and approve percentages of subcontractor work completion.
- Supervise all mandatory commissioning stages.
- Oversee the wrap-up of the MEP project, ensuring all prerequisites are fulfilled.
- Carry out additional tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
Qualifications Needed for Success:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management and a minimum of 5 years of multi-family construction experience, MEPS work
- Competent in comprehending and interpreting plans, specifications, drawings, contracts, and other MEPS-related project documents.
- In-depth knowledge of gas installations, WSSC codes, high and low voltage systems, HVAC, control systems, commissioning, LEED/Green Building Projects, general construction from scratch, and multi-family projects as applicable to MEPS.
- Proficiency with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Pro-core, or other web-based or mobile document and project management tools.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with all parties involved in the project. Capable of resolving or escalating issues with subcontractors and other third parties promptly.
- OSHA 30, First Aid, & CPR Certification must be obtained upon employment.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.