New Brunswick, New Jersey
Construction Project Executive
A top ranked ENR General Contractor/Construction Management firm is actively seeking a Project Executive (PX) that is highly motivated, adaptable, and experienced in multiple aspects of construction. The PX must be able to lead, manage, and coordinate all phases of a large and/or multiple projects from preconstruction, through construction (Project Management) and closeout by leading and developing a team of PMs, Project Coordinators and Superintendents. This role is the cornerstone of the project delivery process, designed to incorporate all aspects of service throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ultimately responsible for securing work, contracting the project, enabling project success in the preconstruction phase, and executing the work during construction.
- Overall responsibility for customer satisfaction and relationship management for clients and complimentary service providers.Â
- Serve as the primary representative to each customer and CSP in their work program.
- Heavy collaboration with business development and estimating during the preconstruction phase, then assuming direct authority over all operations as the project moves into production.
- Develop staffing strategy and assignments of key individuals for the project team.
- Continue to develop new business by mining for opportunities, networking, maintaining long term relationships and overseeing the structure and closure of the deal.
- Oversee the contracting process with clients, having a full understanding of the contract terms and conditions to monitor the actions of the team for contract compliance.
- Coordinate all operational and administrative support functions of the organization to form a strong and cohesive team for each project assignment.
- Support the continual growth of all staff through direct mentoring and by managing a regimented approach to coaching and mentoring at all levels.
- Ensure cost management, pay application, monthly reporting, and closeout standards are upheld.Â
- Responsible for successful implementation and adherence to Safety and Quality Control Programs.Â
- Stay current with industry trends and conditions that have the potential to impact the success of the project and ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide the project team with all tools and resources necessary for success as defined by project goals.
- Evaluates staffing qualifications and needs, makes recommendations on key hires in positions of need.