Queens, New York
US$85000.00 - US$115000.00 per annum
Project Manager (Intermediate)
Established NYC Real Estate firm covering all aspects of development and redevelopment, acquisitions and operations, from planning and approvals to construction, renovations, marketing, sales, leasing and management.
* Perform as Owner's Construction Project Manager for both Tenant Fit Out and Special Capital Improvement projects for its various Commercial, Retail, and Residential property spaces ranging from less than 1,000 USF to 5,000 SF
* Ability to review and read construction plans and specifications in order to issue comment in accordance with Owner's base building specifications
* Coordinates, oversees, and monitors project activities to assure that projects are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets
* Develops scopes of work, prepares estimated budgets, solicits bids and proposals from qualified contractors
* Reviews and Levels the proposals making recommendations in awarding contracts
* Ensures construction quality work standards and lease compliance and signs off on all work and contractor invoices based on assigned dollar limits.
* Requires strong knowledge in obtaining NYCDOB/ FDNY permits and obtaining NYCDOB/FDNY sign off of all permits
* Conducts periodic surveys of the properties to identify needs and prepares project estimates and budgets for the needs
* Maintain on-site records of deliveries, delays affecting schedule and correspondence with Subcontractors and Owner.
* Keep detailed records concerning progress, delays, and cost variances.
* Calculate material if needed on the job in advance to minimize down time
* Tenant, General Contractor and Subcontractor communication
* Hold regular status meetings with project team as well as in the field and office meetings
* Submittal Processing and Submittal Log Maintenance
* Documentation Management - Daily reports, RFIs, Project photo logs.
* Punch List/Close-Out
PROJECT ACCOUNTING REQUIREMENTS
* Job Cost Accounting, Budget Management and Project Billings
* Manages project budget
* Reviews and Approves or Prepares AIA payment applications
* Review and approve back up documentation for payment as related to percentage of completion of work scope
* Assures project legal documents are completed and signed and ensures that all insurance requirements are in place
* 2+ years of construction project management experience
* College degree preferred.
* Knowledge of NYC DOB building codes and approval process
* Be proficient in writing (contracts, emails, etc.)
* Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project)
* Be able to multi-task with ease
* Be able to work independently as well as be a team player
* Have a clean and valid driver's license
BENEFICIAL TO HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATIONS:
* FISP (Local Law 11) Façade Experience a plus
* DOB Site Safety Manager License
* Site Safety Coordinator License
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.