New York, United States of America
A NYC General Construction company is seeking a Project Superintendent for NYC public works projects.
The qualified individual will be able to demonstrate oversight of construction activities and coordination with State and City agencies on projects ranging from $5-20M. Must be must well versed and experienced with all trade classifications of construction and building, most particularly, Site Logistics & Site Safety, in conjunction with interior renovation work.
- Oversee all project activities, including subcontractors & vendors, staff scheduling, trade coordination and compliance with NYCDOB & OSHA safety rules & regulations
- Planning, organizing, and controlling of construction projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operating procedures and strategy
- Create project timelines, prepare and update schedules, submittal of daily reports
- Organization of Project Teams and Trades to ensure work is performed as required
- Procurement and scheduling of deliveries for materials and equipment
- General inspection of the workers and their performance and safety
- Must be organized and budget-conscious with strong communication skills to deliver job reports, weekly progress meetings, and interface with Owners & Design Teams, in addition to the Trades.
- Possess thorough knowledge of project plans and specifications including but not limited to:
- structural, architectural & interior design, MEPS, including plumbing riser diagrams & fixture placement plans & schedules, electrical feeder riser & feeder diagrams, lighting plans & light-fixture schedules & specifications
- Experience with building codes and local ordinances.
- Proven track record working with DDC, DASNY, SCA, or CUNY
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, MS Project a plus