Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
US$75000.00 - US$85000.00 per annum
Our client, a thriving commercial real estate firm, wants to add an accounting professional to their property accountant group. The Property Accountant maintains financial records and ensures that transactions are correctly recorded for various properties and assets. Performs general accounting functions and, reviews tenant leases and billing, oversees the payment of license fees and real estate taxes.
· Perform monthly Bank Reconciliations
· Create and maintain monthly reports for management.
· Monitor and ensure payment of real estate tax assessments and bills
· Perform quarterly audits.
· Review tenant leases and billings
· Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
· Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records using journals, ledgers and computers.
· Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
· Code and/or confirm coded documents according to company procedures.
· Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
· Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
· Receive and record checks and bank wires.
· Monitor and pay Annual Report and Business License Fees to various states.
· Bachelor's degree
· 5+ years of accounting experience with in property management. Commercial real estate background a plus
· Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, recoveries, budgeting and forecasting preferred
· Proficient with real estate accounting software, MRI system experience preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
· Excellent communication skills; team oriented with a passion for learning and contributing
The assumption of fair market compensation for this role is $75,000 - $85,0000.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.