Nutley, New Jersey
US$50000.00 - US$75000.00 per annum
A major real estate development company is seeking a talented property manager to ensure a clean, safe, and well-maintained property. The property manager's responsibilities include but are not limited to: showing vacant properties to prospective tenants, responding to tenant concerns and maintenance requests, and ensuring rents are collected through management software. A successful property manager should be organized and detail-oriented, have good communication and strong management skills and be up-to-date with basic landlord-tenant laws.
Property Manager Responsibilities:
- Regular communication with tenants including scheduling and overseeing maintenance requests, repairs, and services.
- Investigate tenant concerns and resolve issues
- Schedule maintenance needs with the in-house team to ensure repairs are done promptly.
- Check with tenants to ensure repairs are done to the building and tenant satisfaction.
- Weekly building inspections.
- Oversee landscaping, snow removal, trash removal, and cleaning.
- Negotiate, review, and approve vendor contracts and invoices; work with accounting staff to pay invoices.
- Work with the security company to ensure all cameras and key fobs work properly.
- Ensure rents and fees are collected monthly.
- Ensure leases are renewed, and appropriate increases applied.
- Process tenant applications
- Run financial reports
- Input new tenant paperwork
- Set up security deposit accounts for all new tenants
- Meet all residents during move-in/move-out to ensure apartments are delivered and returned in the best possible condition
- Ensure the internet is operational in all common areas.
- Daily meetings with property owners to discuss day-to-day building business.
$50,000 - $75,000 Base + Benefits + Bonus
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.